Tuesday, November 17, 2009

More Memories

Being "whiskered".....the cane wrapped around my knee.....horses.....Grandma and Grandpa (with many others) coming to my volleyball and basketball games in Evanston and Green River--those were the road trips I looked forward to the most.....CMT music videos.....Chicken noodle soup.....Sitting at the kitchen table, with Grandma and Grandpa's spots at the head of the table.....skip-bo.....Grandpa's trophies.....headlights going straight up in the air while coming into or leaving the valley.....leaving Grandma and Grandpa's car at the port of entry to drive to the Wyoming games at BYU and Utah.....frozen cookies.....heavy quilts.....weighing horses.....pulling matches.....cheese factory.....tootsie rolls.....Fairview ward.....family prayer before church.....garden peas.....guitars and singing.....marbles and egg cartons.....did I mention horses? :)

Off we go! I can't wait to be with everyone!! :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa's passing, it's always hard, even when you are expecting it. But it sounds like you have so many good memories, what a great comfort.

Marsha said...

And what a wonderful time it was. "Come again!" I think that memory comes from Ernest, but I've heard Grandpa say it many times. I am SO thankful for our wonderful family. I hope you have a great thanksgiving.