Sunday, November 15, 2009

Love you!



Love you Grandma and Grandpa!

I can't even find the words.

I stole pictures from off of our family's website, and maybe I should get on there and steal everyone's words too.

My Grandpa Hoopes passed away today. In preparing for this day many stories and memories have been shared all week long about both my Grandpa and my Grandma. It has actually been a very happy time as we think about the incredible reunion they must be having! However, now that he really is gone the tears really are flowing and the memories keep going through my mind. I love being a Hoopes! I love my family! I love the examples of unconditional love and service I have learned from my Grandparents and from incredible Aunts and Uncles who gave everything to take care of Grandma and Grandpa.

I have felt Grandma's arm around me and her influence in my life many times in the last few years, and I know I will feel that with Grandpa also. I often think of the song that Grandma had a couple of versions of in her piano bench: "Where is Heaven? Is it very far?....When you’re with the ones you love, it’s right where you are."











11 comments:

DJ Stauffer said...

I knew you'd post today! I've checked several times. Thanks for not letting me down. Today I wish I had a blog. I'll live vicariously through yours. I loved the pictures. never seen the one of grandpa and matt holding a baby, I assume it's Kaylee because Grandpa looks so young. I love seeing pictures of them that I've never seen before. the picture at the top (taken at my wedding thank you VERY much :)) is my favorite. They are both smiling!! Just like today! See you in a few days!

DJ Stauffer said...

hhhmmm...if that picture was taken at a memorial day reunion, maybe it is Emily. She would have been about that age. WHICH BABY IS THAT!

The Gardner Family said...

:) It's Kaylee! You were right the first time! I'm very jealous of the pictures of you and David with Grandpa. Those are amazing! I don't think I have any pictures taken with Grandpa. I think I have non-digital ones of me showing new babies to Grandma. If you happen to come across any, you'll have to send them this way! We'll see you soon! (oh, and the picture at your wedding is my favorite too! It's been framed in my living room for almost 10 years!) ;)

Heather said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandpa. Even though you knew it was coming, it is still final (which makes it hard). Thanks for sharing memories and pictures of this amazing man!

Marsha said...

Thanks Kandice. We've been expecting it for so many years and knowing what a blessing it would be for Grandpa. I'm with you though...I've been in tears SO much this afternoon just missing my family. What an amazing mess Grandpa and Grandma created. Thanks for the post.

Ms. Earl said...

You did great on this! We're glad we got to spend a little time with you tonight. I wish we could have stayed longer. On the way home, all Katelyn talked about was how cute Kaylee was to get right in and help. One of these days, maybe we can take her out for a girls' night.

Julie said...

Sorry to hear that this day has come. I'm happy for your grandparents reunion. And remember, you will see them again.

Meggen said...

I am so sad to hear of the loss of your grandpa. Even when it is expected, it is never easy. I pray you will have comfort and peace knowing you will see him and your grandma again. I love you!

Samantha said...

So sorry for your loss Kandice. What a beautiful tribute to your grandparents. You and your family are in our prayers.

Wastlund Family said...

I'm sorry you lost such a great grandpa, but sounds like it was also a joyous event. So glad he is with his sweetie and that you have so many great memories!

Kelly said...

Sorry Kandice, but how wonderful that you have such a great family. And sorry that we upset Kaylee yesterday, and sorry she can't come to the party. Disappointments are so hard when you are 8. Please let her know how much we love her and can't wait until she can come over again! How about in 2 weeks?