Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Weekend Home!



We are finally home! We have had a couple of fun and crazy weekends traveling and we have been so glad to be back home this weekend. The pictures above were from my trip to Laramie last weekend for Jackson and Morgan's wedding reception. Since we all went to Vegas and the older girls had things going on, we decided I would just take Emily and TJ this time. It was so fun! Emily, being the sweet middle child that she is, loved the time alone with Mommy! And I loved the time with her! Isn't she too beautiful?!

Getting back into the routine didn't take long. There was lots to do. We had tons of visitors this week too. DJ came on Tuesday night with 2 of her kids. I always love talking with her. Then on Wednesday night Matt's parents came for just the night (and KILLED us in a game of spades!). My cousin Kelly was also with us Wednesday night. He has been staying every Wednesday and Thursday night for a while and will be for a while longer. He is really the easiest house guest to have as he has to work until really late and leave pretty early the next morning. The girls look forward to seeing him in the morning and Kierra has become his little buddy. (I wish I had pictures of all our wonderful houseguests! Maybe next time!)



Kelly brought us a good bucket of tomatoes last week. So Matt made and canned some salsa out of that. Then, this year our peach trees went crazy. We had maybe 10 peaches last year. This year we had a couple of buckets and a wheelbarrow load. Friday is my only day that we have absolutely nothing going on, so yes, on my birthday, I spent all day canning and then cleaning to get ready for the baby shower the next day. That sounds horrible doesn't it, but it was an awesome, productive day and I still had an amazing birthday. Thursday night I got to go out for dinner with the amazing ladies below. Friday morning I woke up to cards and gifts from the best girls and husband ever and then that night after I finally got cleaned up we also went out to dinner. It was a great day! Matt is amazing! He is so great at getting the girls involved and making it a perfect day!





Today was also a great day! The baby shower for Heather and her sweet little Ellie was so wonderful! These two have been showered with so many gifts already so Kelly decided to do a book shower! Perfect huh?! It was so fun and the crazy thing is that with ALL of the many books they got, only 2 were doubled. Now they just need a book shelf to put them all on! ;)



So that is it! It was a great weekend. After the shower we all just relaxed. The girls played, I even stole a small nap and now here are my sweet girls downstairs watching a movie and eating popcorn. This is the best bedtime routine ever!! Good night!


2 comments:

Meggen said...

Wow, you've been busy! Looks like everyone is having an abundant peach harvest this year! Hasn't it been wonderful?

Happy belated birthday! (I was canning peaches all that day too!)

Can't wait to see you this week!

Kelly said...

Fun! Love all the cute photos. Thanks for letting us have the shower at your house. It was perfect. I can't believe all you got done this week. You're amazing.