Saturday, September 26, 2009

For They Shall Be Comforted



I have this really wonderful friend, Camille. We met while serving in a primary presidency many years ago where she was the secretary who was always a step ahead on everything. Our families became friends. Eternal friends! I will forever be grateful for her friendship, for her listening ear and for her love. Camille is perfect! :) She has set a very perfect example of what a hard working, caring, loving mother, wife and friend should be.

Camille wrote this amazing book, "For They Shall Be Comforted; Grieving the Loss of a Child." It actually came out in the spring of this year. I went and bought it right away, however I was pregnant with TJ at the time and so couldn't bring myself to read it quite yet. I had been staring at the beautiful cover for too long and finally opened it up. Once I started I could not put it down. I NEEDED this book! I know I will read it again and again just to feel the spirit of eternity that is felt when you read it. I really loved reading Camille's very detailed and intimate thoughts about the loss of her son and daughter. I loved reading what she went through, how she dealt with it, how others around her dealt with it, what we can do to help others that are going through it, and how we can remember those precious spirits that we were so excited to love and to hold.

I cried a lot! At first I tried to read it in public while sitting at gymnastics or something, because I didn't want to cry, but then I realized I couldn't do that. I did want to cry and sometimes we all just need to cry and the thing about it was, it was mostly tears of joy. Tears of peace, love and comfort.

I really do recommend this book to everyone! We all handle grief like this in so many different ways. Most things Camille wrote about I would think, YES I remember thinking that exact way or feeling that exact way. Other things were completely different than what happened with me, but it helped me so much to know what other women and families might be going through. If you have ever lost a child, whether it be through "miscarriage, stillbirth, or early infant death", or you want to be there for someone who has, I recommend this book to you! There are journal entries, book references, scripture references and most of all a VERY strong spirit in this book.
Families ARE forever!

Click HERE for an announcement of Camille's book on her blog:

Click HERE to see an article that was in the Casper Star Tribune


Thank you Camille!! Love ya!!



1 comment:

Meggen said...

Beautiful and tender post, Kandice. I love these thoughts and will have to find a copy of this book. I am sure it could help me on many levels.

On a side note, thanks for your kind thoughts today. Yes, I got through everything and it went surprisingly well. Thanks for being such a great friend! I love you!