Friday, April 24, 2009

The Song of the Heart

I still have yet to blog our Easter/Spring Break. I have been trying so hard to get some pictures off of my phone and have failed miserably, so for today I gave up and have been blog hopping instead. In my hopping I found the most incredible story!!

I can't decide what to write next! This is why I love doing pictures more than writing. There is way less thinking involved! I have already spent way too much time staring at this blank page.

I love Jon Schmidt. I will never forget when I first moved here and my new visiting teaching companion, who has now become one of my best friends called me and said she had an extra ticket to this concert--oh and we're leaving in an hour--can you go?! I had never heard of him before but I needed a night out and was so excited about this new friend who had thought of me!! The concert was incredible! I won't even write more about it because my writing cannot even come close to the amazing words you WILL read in a minute.

As you already know my family LOVES Taylor Swift and her song Love Story. Just so you all know my girls are THE cutest of any of the girls that run around singing that song!

I didn't realize I love Coldplay. I can sing the words to some of their songs so that means I haven't switched the station on them.

I LOVE music. My favorite scripture is Doctrine and Covenants 25:12 "For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." I definitely know that there are times I take sincere, kneeling in prayer for granted. Those days when I don't know what to say I will just sit at the piano instead with my thoughts and I know prayers are answered. There is so much power in music!

I love my family and I love knowing that I will be with them forever. I feel so much peace when I listen to inspiring messages and testimonies of eternal families!

So what do eternal families, music, prayer, Coldplay, Taylor Swift, love stories, friends and Jon Schmidt all have in common? Well, if you love one, any or all of these things, then you have to read THIS amazing blog to find out. (I actually really wish I could find a video for the song Tribute. It isn't even on the playlist.) Anyway, I didn't know if it was proper blogging etiquette to link to someone else's blog, so I did ask for permission. We love this couple! They just recently lost their 6 year old little boy, but have touched so many lives with their story.

I don't know where you want to begin. I watched the video first and then started reading the blog and realized I needed to pause the video and really read the blog before I did anything else. Both are amazing!



3 comments:

Heather said...

I am so glad you found this song! One of my piano students told me about it Wednesday, but I did not get a chance to listen to it until yesterday. Makes me really anxious to hear his new album - and I am glad that I have created a fan out of you as well!

Lauren said...

Thank you for your words! I love that song, too. Music is so powerful. Love you!

DJ Stauffer said...

I finally got to hear this! I saw this on Chris blog and then yours and then on the family website but my speakers have not been working. It is amazing. I actually think that both songs are incredibly annoying on their own by there original artists, but put together this way makes all the difference for me!!