Thursday, April 9, 2009

Puzzled

The puzzle is still alive! It was a 1500 piece that we just didn't get done over the weekend and so Matt and his Dad carefully moved it (even having to tilt the card table a little) into the office where Matt and I have done a few pieces every day. At this rate we should have it done in a month or so. ;) I'll take a picture of the finished product.


So, last week was a fun week! Matt did have to go to Laramie for a few days. I had things going on both Tuesday and Wednesday night, but we have the best neighborhood babysitters ever! I came home to these crazy outfits on Tuesday night and then Wednesday found them in Emily's bed with their arms draped over each other. Wednesday night was book club night! I REALLY look forward to this one night of staying out late with the girls and even talking about the book for a few minutes. I was so sad when Matt said he had to be gone, because how do you find a babysitter (and her family) that is willing to stay out so late on a school night? I hope I didn't take advantage too much. I love this family and their 3 babysitting girls! I even trust those girls with my newborns! They are so good!



Taylor had a great birthday! During that week she was the V.I.P. at school. One day was also crazy hair day. It was so fun for her to be able to celebrate with her cousin Boston who is just 4 days older than her!

We had such a blast with family this weekend! Matt's sister from Cheyenne came with her 4 kids as did Matt's parents. His brother's family also came from Heber on Sunday to do the birthday bash. Monday night we went to Heber to watch the basketball game. Matt won the family bracket!! (I started out so good on the first night and then it was all down hill from there)
Anyway, Saturday night (Taylor's birthday) during the priesthood session of conference Danette and I took the kids swimming. I think that was when I first realized that I was finally in my 3rd tri-mester. That wiped me out. It wiped the girls out too. Kierra had a blast!! She never lets us cuddle her to sleep, but that night after I got her dressed I picked her up and seconds later she was asleep in my arms. It was wonderful! We had so much fun!!
Sunday, Danette, her son Cole and I got to go to the morning session of conference which also has Music and the Spoken Word beforehand. I LOVE general conference! I especially loved being able to be in the Conference Center to hear the music and see our Prophet and many other leaders! My favorite talk was definitely Elder Holland's talk "None Were With Him". It was the perfect Easter message about the Savior. The closing song of that session was also incredible as the choir sang "We Thank Thee Oh God For a Prophet" and pictures of President Monson came on the big screens. Then after the prayer it was wonderful to watch President Monson wave to us all as he walked out of the room. I will never forget the giggles President Hinckley would get as he waved his cane to us all. I LOVE being in the conference center and on temple square. I loved all of the talks that were given and as I have scanned through some of them I find myself saying wow, I don't remember that part which gets me so excited to get back and really read through them.
So, now we have a couple of days before we take off for spring break. We still really don't know what our plans are for that yet. It seems like we have been out of a regular routine for so long. We were all so excited to once again get our Grandma and Grandpa fix and all of the cousins had such a wonderful time together!! We can't wait to see more family this week! Hope you all have a beautiful Easter!
















2 comments:

Sharon said...

I would love to see conference in the Conference Center. I'm sure it was a great experience. The last time I saw a Prophet in person was in 1991 when my friend and I were some of the last people let into the Tabernacle and it was the last conference that President Benson was able to attend.

Oh, and I loved Elder Holland's talk as well. I am using it in my talk Sunday. :-)

The 5 Disney Lovers said...

it looks like you guys are always having a great time. Good for you. Fun to chit chat with you this afternoon.