Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Emily's Exhibition

 LOVE Emily's little personality!  So much fun!  But then also lots of focus!!  :)
 Emily's gymnastics exhibition was on Friday May 17th!  She was so excited!  She has been on the pre-team at the Lehi Legacy center and so doesn't yet compete, but did have this exhibition.  It was extra exciting because she did get to do the opening dance/tumbling number with all of the team...Taylor included!

This first video was kinda long...I later caught on and realized I could just video my own girls!  :)  Emily starts in the right front corner, purple leotard (not the black shorts yet).  Taylor starts in the back in the blue leotard with the black shorts.  (we finally bought a 2nd pair of black shorts...oh the sharing thing!)

Anyway...in this first video you can kinda see both girls.  Emily has a tumbling pass at 1:06...then Taylor does a group tumbling pass at 2:11....THEN!  Emily told me she was so nervous to do her back handspring...she didn't have it very well, but earlier in the day she said, "Mom...I'm just gonna go for it!"  And at 2:24 she totally did!  I was so excited for her!  I wish she wasn't hidden behind the big mat, because I can just imagine her big smile!  :)  It was fun to hear everyone cheer her on!


THEN there was Taylor!  This tumbling pass was a total surprise for everyone!  Thus the screaming in the crowd when she nailed it!  Her first back tuck!  She had had a 2 hour practice before this event and she had been trying to decide if she should do it in the opening number or not.  I LOVE her coaches!  Always pushing them to the next level.  I LOVE watching the girls set these goals and work so hard to make them happen! 
 
  
Maybe I'm living vicariously through my gymnasts, I don't know!  I could never do stuff like this and I did grow up in the days of the "Magnificent 7".  I had their poster and their Wheaties box up in my room!  :)  But even now as I write this, Emily is debating trying soccer, or volleyball or even horseback riding.  Kaylee is in swimming!  I just completely enjoy every part of watching my kids in their activities.  Emily works so hard in gymnastics and I was excited to finally see her "Go for it!" 

Here are her actual routines:

Vault
Bars
Beam 
Floor

Emily!  We sure loved watching you on this day!  You are too fun and you work so hard!  Keep giggling and smiling in all that you do!



No comments: