Saturday, July 27, 2013

Broadway Beat and Lemonade

  
How was that for a random post title, but it really does go together!  :)  May 10, 11 and 13 we were busy with the Lehi Children's choir shows!  Kaylee got to play Tracy Turnblad in the older choir show's "Broadway Beat".  The younger choir did the show "Lemonade" featuring Kierra as Chicken Little and Emily as Little Bo Beep.  Taylor didn't get to do the shows this year as the rehearsals interfere with gymnastics.  It usually doesn't bother her too much until show time rolls around.  She is sad to not be a part of it, but she is the girls' biggest fan!!
The spring semester is always such a fun one!  The kids really love the mini musicals and the older choir works especially hard with a guest choreographer (my brother Dale) and a couple of extra rehearsals!  I love to see the kids have so much fun, but quite honestly, I'm much better off hiding behind the piano.  I'm not the greatest at adding to scripts, helping with a set or designing costumes, but I try my best and luckily the director keeps me around!  She is so super creative and we do have a ton of fun together!

The girls kinda do their costumes on their own!  I think we did pretty good with Chicken Little!  :)
 Kierra was too cute!  She got to open the whole show with her line, "The sky is falling.  The sky is falling!  Oh what are we to do?!  I felt it on top of my chicken little head so I know it is true!"  (I have a ton of youtube videos here.  Feel free to watch these cute girls!)  :)
 
 Emily had a few lines in there as well.  She is one of the oldest in the younger choir.  She always knows the show really well and the little ones really count on her and the other older girls!  :)
 Then Kierra also had the last line right before the final song! 

Kaylee had a ton of fun this year!!  She had a pretty fun part!  I love when she talks about this first part where her umbrella breaks.  She is so bugged that she didn't improv better.  :)
She LOVED getting pushed off of our friend's knee in this next part!  I love seeing them trying not to smile before it happens!  :)
  She did so great on both of her solos!  I LOVE how confident she is up there.  This was their first night so they messed up a little on part of the choreography, but wow!  They were still fun to watch!  I love watching their little personalities come out more and more each night!  The final night is always a blast!
 


Grandma and Grandpa are always so good to make the trip to watch.  Uncle Dale usually makes it too, but couldn't this year.  My Aunt and Uncle were also able to come as well as some neighborhood friends and a couple of school teachers.  It is always fun to perform for everyone and then get the yummy treats after the shows each night!  :)
 
 
 This is so much more than a part time job for me!  I LOVE these kids so much!  I love our director and her amazing family!  I feel so blessed to have been able to do this with them and with my own kiddos for 8 years now!  

Here is the older choir!  LOVE them!
We even love these 5 boys!  They are such good sports!
 And then the cute younger choir!  They grow up too fast!
Happy singing!  And remember...
"When life gives you lemons make LEMONADE!"

No comments: