Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy Father's Day!


Here is our Happy Father's Day shoutout to the best daddy in the world! I LOVE the way the girls call him daddy and hope they call him that forever! I LOVE the way they all get excited when he gets home...especially Thomas right now! He LOVES his daddy! The picture above is of them getting ready to go to their first father and sons campout on June 10th. It had been postponed because of snow in May and so the bummer was that it was rescheduled the weekend of my race so they couldn't stay the night. :( Thanks for sacrificing boys. That is what Matt has done for me a lot lately. Matt takes time to be with each of his kids and does so much for me in helping to take care of things around here. I have had many a conversation with people that notice how spoiled I am with how much Matt helps out changing diapers, or in the kitchen or whatever. He is the patient, calm one. He has 4 girlies that think they are the one and only daddy's girl! His little man looks just like him and loves every second he gets with him! He really is the best daddy ever.

While the boys were on their trip the girls and I were out grocery shopping. I had told them, this needs to be a fast trip...so don't ask for anything! They were so nervous to come ask me if they could get this shirt that they saw for Daddy. They were so excited to do it! We had fun getting it done while the boys were gone and then later in the week the girls helped me with Thomas' part.



Another time...a couple of weeks before Father's Day, Taylor, Emily and I were in the dollar store and saw this back scratcher! They squeeled when they saw it and said ohhhh we have to get this for daddy! Literally 3 hours after buying it we were sitting at the dinner table and Matt said, "I need a back scratcher!" (which is always followed by the girls fighting over who gets to give daddy a back rub) Oh wow! The look on Emily's face was priceless! Her eyes got big and huge and Taylor kinda started to giggle! They kept the secret though! They were so excited this Father's Day to have gotten things that they knew their daddy needed! They LOVE him sooooo much!



We had a fun photo session, complete with fake sleeping to show how much we all love to cuddle daddy!



And every Father's Day photo session (with little girlies) must have tons of kisses!


And this little man...well...he stole daddy's new tic-tac-toe board and kept to himself during the photo shoot!


Happy Father's Day Matt! Thank you for all you do! We sure miss you this week, but those young men are sure lucky to have you! I love you!! We all love you!

No comments: