Sunday, February 13, 2011

Little Man

It feels like forever since my last post. I was afraid I was going to have a lot of catching up to do, but I really don't. I guess January was a pretty slow and relaxing month for us. We are definitely busy with school, basketball, piano, choir, church and friends. I even had to pull out the calendar and see what exactly it is that we have been doing because January just came and went. That's how my days have felt a little bit lately. I know that I did a ton because I'm exhausted by the end of the day, but at the end of the day I'll think...what have I been doing all day?

For last week I'll pass the blame over to this little man. He was trying so hard to give me a smile here.


On Monday night we went to do Family Home Evening with some friends and Thomas was out of it. He just laid on the couch and didn't want to have anything to do with anyone. The next three days were fevers and coughs, lots of cuddling, reaching for "maaaa maaaa" with a sad, scratchy voice, not much eating and TONS of sleeping. Three nights in a row he slept 15 or 16 hours straight. He was drinking a lot and his ears looked fine so I didn't really want to take him in, but with a couple more high fevers we finally went in on Thursday. When I called that morning his temp was about 102 but they couldn't get him in until later that afternoon. Of course by then he was totally fine....not that I was upset that he was ok. Just annoyed because I knew I should've held out one more day. Oh well, better to be safe than sorry. Oxygen, fever, ears, lungs, everything was good and we were told to "just keep doing what we are doing". I hate paying a copay for that, BUT yes, I am thankful that this little guy is starting to be himself again. We all had fun cuddling and taking care of him but I sure miss my fun little happy boy! I wish I had taken a picture of Emily with him....she was such a HUGE help and a great cuddler while I was filling ALL the sippy cups with juice, lemonade, milk, water....trying to find anything that would help this guy feel better. I had bowls out with bananas, oranges, graham crackers...etc. hoping he would eat something!
All of the girls were a huge help but he was asleep for most of the time that they were home.
I'm pretty sure Matt didn't see him for 3 or 4 days.




Here is a picture (before he got sick) of him sitting up to the counter for the first time. He looks too grown up eating lunch with his big sister. With all of this sleep he's been getting I'm sure he must be hitting some sort of growth spurt too.
He's just getting too big too fast!
We love you little man!