Tuesday, October 19, 2010

General Conference Weekend



I completely forgot that I scheduled this out to post. I forgot to write about the actual weekend and I already have 1 comment! :)

Kaylee turned 9 last weekend (which I will blog about soon). Last General Conference weekend was Easter Sunday and Taylor's birthday, plus I don't think tickets were even offered so we didn't go! When 3 tickets were available this time I grabbed them right away!! In fact, I was sitting at the organ when it was announced over the pulpit and I almost whispered to the Bishop during the sacrament that I wanted them!! I waited until after the meeting. RIGHT after! :)

Kaylee was looking forward to going for so long and as it got closer she had her clothes all laid out and everything ready to go.

She said her favorite part was being there when the Prophet, President Monson, walked in the room and everyone stood quietly. The Saturday afternoon session is a good one to go to because that is when they do the sustaining of all the General Authorities so she also liked seeing all 20,000 hands raised to sustain our leaders. She got a little tired part way through, but still had fun and listened and enjoyed it!

I always love Conference weekend! I love that it's our chance twice a year to listen to our church leaders and then to re-evaluate how we are doing day to day and in teaching our family. I also loved being able to raise my hand and sustain all of our leaders. I do sustain them all! I am thankful for the spirit of God that they carry with them as they lead us with their examples and with their testimonies! I could go on and on, and probably should in Kaylee's journal. It really was a special weekend and a fun time for Daddy and I with our oldest little girl! Love you Kaylee!




1 comment:

Meggen said...

You and Matt are such great parents! What a memorable day!