Monday, March 30, 2009

No title--just more fun!


You may have to click on the above picture to be able to see it. This is our scorecard from a very depressing game of spades!!! It was a very intense game of boys against girls with Matt's parents, and the girls lost. The best part is we will get to have a few rematches this weekend and into next week!

We have had a ton of fun visiting with a lot of Matt's family lately. We have travelled a lot this month, but it has been so worth it!! Two weekend's ago we went to Kemmerer for my good friend Krista's baby blessing. Matt's parents are now in the ward there where Krista's husband grew up so it worked out perfect to see everyone. It was really fun to visit with Krista and all of her family!!


Then last weekend Grandma and Grandpa Gardner were able to come here!! They just bought a new camper trailer that they actually hadn't seen other than in pictures. Matt and I went and picked it up for them and so of course the girls (and Matt) had to try it out for a night!

Kierra LOVES being Grandpa's little buddy!


Sunday was a very busy day. First we went to Heber for the blessing of the girls' newest little cousin Elise. Isn't she so beautiful in the dress that Grandma made her?! You may have to click on that picture too to see how incredible that dress actually is. When Elise was first born RSV season was in full force so none of the kids were allowed to hold her. Kaylee has been begging me for weeks--wanting to make sure she would finally get some time to hold the baby. I am so excited that our baby will be born in the summer so that Kaylee will be home all day to get plenty of brother time! She loves the babies!


After Heber we took off and went to Ogden. Every 5th Sunday Matt's extended family gets together for dinner and this time everyone was going to be there so we had to go--rain, sleet or snow!! It was so much fun as always!! The girls were so excited to find out that this house we went to was the house where the song, "I Am a Child of God" was written. It was kinda cool to see the girls playing in the room that used to be Naomi Randall's sewing room where she wrote those words.
Good luck trying to get these siblings together for a picture. ;)
(sorry for adding the middle picture--I was trying to get a picture of Matt's parents and some how I got these looks instead. :))

Our other excitement last week was haircuts which I am vowing here and now to never do short again for a very long time!! I just love their long hair too much. (yes, Dad, I can hear you now. I'm so sorry) ;) Emily is the one that always asks for braids in her hair. I keep telling her I can't do it anymore until her hair grows out, so hopefully I've talked her into keep it long from now on too.




And this picture of Kierra sums the rest of it up. There was some much needed rest after all that travelling. It will be fun to stay home and have Matt's parents and his sister's family here for a few days!!

(now that Kierra is "in" a toddler bed, this is where she ends up taking her naps. At night she sleeps in the bed just fine!)



6 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

Sounds like you guys have been having a ton of fun! And what adorable hair cuts! :)

Kimberly said...

Quite the posers! I'm glad you guys have been able to have so much fun! Take care in the weather! Sounds like you guys are very happy!

Ms. Earl said...

Always some of the cutest girls! Mst be something in the air because Katelyn keeps cutting her hair shorter and shorter. We're glad you had fun but we missed you on Sunday!

nathansara said...

Hey there. Sorry that I missed the family gathering. Nathan said he had a good time, but I would love to get a copy of the Gardner sibling photo. Glad you were able to get a picture. :) Hope all is going well for you guys.

Our Little Family said...

AHH! I am so jealous I was just telling my friend here that I really need to go see you guys. Looks like we missed the boat!!!

Wastlund Family said...

I'm Jealous that you and Krista got to see each other. when do I get a turn? :) We really need to plan a get together!