Friday, January 23, 2009


This is one of those times that I wish I could be as eloquent of a blogger as many of my friends are, because this has been quite the week of mixed thoughts and emotions and I wish I knew how to get them from my heart onto paper.
It has been a very fun week of anticipating new arrivals of my sister's baby boy, a dear friend's baby boy and then last night seeing another friend's little 4 week old boy. We are now 15 weeks pregnant and very excited!! But is everyone taking all of the baby boys? Actually, we know how girls work, we have the pink, why change anything at this point?! Of course, we are just excited to have a new happy, healthy addition to our family; pink or blue. 1 or 2.....
And there is where the contemplating and the tears begin. How I long to hold those sweet twins that we lost 3 years ago this week. How I long to have that privlege and honor of being trusted to raise two babies. I know that sentence may not make sense or even be fair. I know we are so blessed to have the 4 beautiful girls that we do have, but for so long I did beat myself up saying, "He must've known I couldn't have handled two." This week has been a little bit of a tough one for me as we are now exactly as far along as we were 3 years ago and with each pregnancy since then I have hoped, even prayed for that special opportunity. This week especially I really had my hopes up for 2 babies.
I am pregnant with 1!! How exciting is that though?! The nurse even asked Matt to be the one to try to find the heartbeat this time. That was an odd request--one that we have never had before, but it was fun! A little nerve-wracking because it took him a little while, but then fun!
The girls are extremely excited!! And very protective :)! Remember that basketball game at Christmas? We could not decide if we should tell anyone (especially the radio announcer) before or after the game. Within minutes of getting into Laramie my brother in law was going around with big hulk holgan gloves beating up the little kids, and right away Emily said something about not hurting the baby in mommy's tummy. When everyone started laughing and getting so excited she started crying of course, but it was the best announcement yet! It sure took the pressure off of us deciding when to announce it.
It really has been a great week! I am so excited for my baby sister and my new little nephew. It is fun to think that she has a baby that will be older than one of my babies. They will have so much fun together!!
Today will be a little bit tough though. It is now 4:30 in the morning and I haven't slept much at all thinking about the many things we went through 3 years ago. There are so many personal experiences that I am glad I had written down; mostly because I see how far I have come and I also see names of so many people that helped me through those hard times. My testimony of prayer and faith went through a lot at that time, but most of all it was strengthened.
I do know that we are so blessed to have 4 such beautiful girls. I love them love them LOVE them. I have almost kept them home from everything this week, because I have just wanted to be with them all of the time.
I am very blessed to have a husband who has put up with my crazy emotions. He was and is always there for me. The willow tree statue above was something he gave me for Mother's Day that year, and it meant a lot to me! During that time when I was really very up and down he seemed to always knew what I needed; what words to say and maybe even when not to say anything at all. (that is a picture the girls actually took during one of there take pictures of everything in the house moments)
Anyway, sorry to ramble on so much about such personal things in a public blog. I usually try to do way more pictures than writing for fear of putting myself out there too much like I've done today. There were so many other things I was planning on saying, but I'll do that in my journal later.
I do have some fun video and cute pictures that I need to post soon--once I remember how my new camera works.
I am very blessed with family and friends that are such wonderful examples to me. I am blessed to always feel their love and support! I am so happy! We are very happy and having so much fun together as a family! Love you all!!
(really quick I have to explain the song "I Can Only Imagine". About a week after we lost the twins, a friend of mine lost her little boy after about 22 weeks of a very difficult pregnancy. I struggled through that funeral, but it was very uplifting and hopeful at the same time. This song was on a video of that little boy with his family. It brings back so many thoughts and memories and has helped me so much)

7 comments:

Camille said...

Oh, you sweet heart! I'm so sorry you're having a rough time right now. Even after ten years, my heart ached on Ammon's birthday last year, and it probably always will. Your sadness in missing your twins only reflects your great love for them. What a beautiful song - I have never heard that one before. I didn't know you were expecting and I'm so excited for you. I understand the longing you have for a boy, because I sure felt it for a girl. But I know you'll be thrilled either way. It's ironic that you have willow figures to represent your twins because I have willow figures that represent 2 angels caring for Ammon & Kija. Amazing how much someone so little can make such a huge impact on your heart...

laura said...

How exciting to be expecting again. Sorry it's been a hard week for you. if anyone i know could handle raising twins, you would be towards the top of the list. I saw your parents at the basketball game Wed. night. (we are in laramie).so i heard about your sister's little boy. don't worry, it just seems like everyone is taking the boys, because you long for one. We want a girl and it seems like everyone is taking the girls :) So you must be due in July??? how fun. I noticed that you posted REALLY early this morning.

Anonymous said...

tears are streaming down my face as i read your entry...your life...your story. you are an incredible woman and i am so glad you put it out there and shared all this.

it's been years since we've been in each others lives and to see what you went through losing those angels...it's a feeling in a world of its own.

and holy how did i miss you were having another baby!! how exciting for you!!! congratulations!!!

you are a strong strong woman. your kids and hubby-man are very lucky.

love ya!

rachel

Wastlund Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wastlund Family said...

How Exciting! Boy or girl it will be adorable just like the rest of them. You never forget those babies you lose, but I can't wait to understand God's plan a little better and see them again some day. Mom's that have lost understand this better than anyone. Let yourself be sad for a few days, it helps you remember how wonderful it was to have them...if only for a short while. You are a great mommy!

I had to erase the comment before this because I am such a bad speller :)

Kimberly said...

Dearest Kandice...words fail. Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful thoughts and feelings of your heart. It's hard to understand why some one so sweet and amazing would have to go through something so trying...but it is absolutly clear it has made you even more amazing and even sweeter...you have been blessed with a mother's heart!! I know I could never understand what you have been through, but we love you and we are so happy to know you have another angel coming to your home!

Linda said...

Your post made me cry! You are such a sweet and sensitive person. What you went through, losing your twins, was so difficult that no one can imagine unless they have been through it themselves. You went through an incredible trial which just shows you of Heavenly Father's trust in you. It's not that you wouldn't be able to raise twins because what you went through was even more difficult. You are an amazing mom, I always wished I could have been more patient and kind like you are. You were a great example to me. Congratulations on your exciting news. I had no idea you were pregnant. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers!