Friday, November 7, 2008

Angels




Ok--in listening to the song that I just put with this blog I have realized that this post could get a lot more involved and complicated than I originally thought. I've started looking for pictures of Matt, my parents, Matt's parents, our grandparents, so many other friends and family etc. etc. There are so many people I could put on here, but for now I'll stick with my original plan of just posting my thoughts from this past week.



We got our first snow on Tuesday night/Wednesday. I LOVE the snow! I love when the girls do snow angels and want help up so that they don't ruin them. I do love all of the seasons, but I really love watching a good blizzard outside and that feeling of safety, warmth and comfort I feel cozied up in my home with my family. Yes, can you believe I'm gonna say this? I really do miss the Wyoming winters!! There is nothing like a whole town shutting down after a good blizzard. I miss listening to the radio wondering if school is cancelled. I miss seeing who made it to the church parking lot first on a snowy seminary morning, however I don't miss being in the big blue van in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I miss walking in a blizzard (and recent memories are with a kid's face popping out from inside Matt's zipped up coat--ok I really need to find some pictures) from the AA or the fieldhouse back to the van after a good volleyball or basketball game and I distinctly remember always feeling bad for all of those Cheyenne cars as we got to turn left off of Grand to go home. (sorry for the run-on sentence) I really miss a woodburning stove! I don't know that I miss travelling on Wyoming roads in the blue bus, the yellow bus or the UW vans, but I do love the memories--especially the memory of knowing the van lights were shooting straight up in the air because of the cold and that Grandma was watching us the whole way into or out of the valley. I miss REAL chicken noodle soup!

So here's to the beginning of winter!!!




This week's projects involved Kaylee's poster, Taylor's science experiment and a diaper cake! I think we all did a pretty great job!


And now I'll tie up my angel theme! I do miss Wyoming and my family all of the time, but these 6 ladies as well as many other friends that we have here are angels to me and to our family!! Since our baby shower fun on Saturday, all of these girls have written much better tributes and notes about our book club than I ever could. I LOVE these girls!! I was a few months late coming into this group that has been together for over 5 years and 60 books. My thoughts about each of these girls is already turning into a novel that is very hard to condense. I am really going down memory lane today. These girls were some of the first to welcome us to our new neighborhood, which for me was my first time away from home! I have served with them in the church in music, in primary, young women, and as a visiting teaching companion. I have laughed and cried (usually at the same time) with these girls. We are all different. We are all the same. I look forward to seeing them each month. Matt makes fun of me all of the time when I say I'm going to book club. Yes we read a book and even talk about it. Only a few times have we said, "wait, we haven't even talked about the book", as we are walking out the door at midnight. These are women I can talk to about the gospel and about life. These are women who have helped me through some of my hardest times and have given me some of my funnest times. They are some of the most tenderhearted, caring people I know. To T, E, I, K, H, S and our sweet, missing T ;) I love you all! Thank you for being a friend!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing your feelings and thoughts.