Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School!


It is just the 3 of us now. Already Emily and Kierra are playing so well in the other room, but I will be quick so that I can hang out with them.

Kaylee actually started school last Monday. These first two pictures are from her first day. She is pretty lucky to have 2 of her really good kindergarten friends in her 1st grade class this year. I miss her so much. I think I grabbed her cup at lunch time every day last week only to have Taylor and Emily laugh at me and say, "Mom...Kaylee isn't here."


The girls were very cute last night getting Taylor ready for school. Her teacher had given her confetti to put under her pillow so she wouldn't be nervous. Kaylee wanted to wear her first day outfit again and so they set out their clothes and their backpacks and got everything ready. (I wish I had taken a picture of how Taylor laid everything out) Isn't she cute?! Isn't she too small to go to school?! The backpack (which we were told MUST be full size) is bigger than she is!




SISTERS!! I wish we could've gotten one with all 4 of them together. Emily was having trauma though. Maybe we can do that after school.



And here they are at school. Taylor went right to the playground. She was so excited! Then Taylor and Kaylee gave each other a high five as the bell rang. Those are the cool first graders on the other side of the kindergarten fence. Then there is Taylor waving goodbye! And that is it--she is gone. Wierd! Luckily today is early out day so I get to see her a whole 30 minutes earlier! Well, off to hang out with the girls, clean and then paint. The basement is coming along....more pictures of that will be up soon!



I had to do a close up of the picture above! Bye sweet Taylor!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome pictures! Can't wait to hear more details at Book Club. Is it at your house or Tiff's?

Camille said...

So weird! I know your kids should be growing older just like mine are, but I just can't believe you already have two in school!