Friday, June 14, 2013

March 2013

March
 Month of Music 
Or so it seemed at times.  The beginning and the end was all about piano festival and recital and then the rest of life was kinda sandwiched in between!
On Saturday, March 2 the girls had their solo festival where they all scored very well.  It is also fun for me to go and help judge and watch what other students and teachers are working on!  We were pretty excited for all three of them and we have links to all of their songs below.
At the end of March (the 23rd) we had a recital for the students I teach (minus 1 that couldn't come, plus 2 that are taught by their momma!).  It was great to have all of the kids together and just have them show off what they had done at the festival!  Because they had already performed once at the festival I felt like everyone was pretty relaxed and played wonderfully!  I have really enjoyed teaching again this year!  I LOVE having those extra kiddos in our home and watching them learn and improve!  It is one of those things I wish I could do during the day while my kids are at school, but as a family we have really gotten into a good routine and the kids are so helpful and quiet while students are here. 

Aren't they a good lookin' group!!  So fun!  I LOVE it!  And Kierra has been begging to start, so she'll be there next year!  :)

And the month of music continues!

Uncle Dale came for a weekend of serious choreographing!!

This is his 4th year of coming and spending 8 hours on a Saturday and 4 hours on a Monday choreographing an entire show for Lehi's older Children's Choir. The kids love him and really look forward to him coming!
In between all of the singing, playing and dancing Kaylee attended her first Young Women General Meeting.  It was fun that she got to be there with one of our favorite seniors who we thought Kaylee would never get to hang out with at a young women activity.  We knew that Katelyn would graduate before Kaylee turned 12 so between this and New Beginnings we had 2 activities where they got to be to together!  Kaylee also had fun participating in and winning the school's 5th grade basketball tournament! She also memorized and passed off her 13 Articles of Faith which earned her a monster snickerdoodle from the Primary President!
Taylor had her Think Pink meet where she took 2nd in the All-around!  Links to those videos are also posted below.  This is a fun meet because it's in our gym and it's the routines they competed with all fall so they are very comfortable and have so much fun!
Vault 1st, Bars 4th, Beam 2nd, Floor 4th, All Around 2nd


This little chub had his 6 month check up! I can't find his little card anywhere, but I do remember he was 19 pounds and 75% with head and weight.  He was in the 50% for height!  :)  That belly needs a good "zrbtt".  Don't you think?!  Kaylee is reading over my shoulder and says what is a zrbtt?!  AHHH!!  Have I not taught my kids anything?!  For a good laugh watch THIS one minute of The Cosby Show or read THIS definition of "zerbert".  Yes...it IS a real word!!  And that IS one cute baby with his cute siblings!!
Here is Emily below sporting an art project and a cute hairdo from a friend on Facebook!
 
The hairdo below was one that Kaylee did on Kierra.  The other day I had to be at a ward conference from 9-12 in the morning and then our church was from 1-4.  I was pretty late getting away from the ward conference.  We always enjoy visiting with the other stake leaders after it's done.  I got in my car and was a little stressed about getting home and getting everyone's hair done before we had to be to our ward.  I got back and Kaylee had done everyone's hair....and it was REALLY good!  Oh I was SO thankful!  Of course our favorite site and youtube videos are those of the CGH!!
Man...I feel like I'm posting a lot of links and random stuff here today...but it's good to get caught up!

Here is another picture of this cute little face!!
And one of a picnic with my boys!  Thomas was dying to have picnics, but in March it was still just too cold...especially for the baby!  This was just as much fun!  :)
And then to finish off March...here are our Easter pictures!  It seems like most of our Easter Sundays have fallen on the same day as stake conference, but this year that wasn't the case!  It was nice to just have normal Sunday meetings with Sacrament Meeting really focusing on our Savior!  It was also a great start to a fun Spring Break as a family!

I didn't get a beautiful "Sunday dress before church" picture this year.  :(
Oh well...no worries!  The kids are even cuter just rolling out of bed!  :)

No comments: