Sunday, June 17, 2012

She said YES!

Ok...so oops...the title of this post is giving away the best part of this story! :) In the middle of February (10th-11th) we took a VERY quick trip to Laramie. It was a trip we debated taking because we knew we couldn't leave until after Taylor's gymnastics meet Friday night (which ended up being extremely late so we actually ended up leaving Saturday morning) and then we knew we had to be back Monday for school and work. That adds up to 12 hours of driving for about 24 hours of being where we want to be. But being as we don't get to see family very often we usually end up taking the trip, and it never fails that it is worth it.
And this time it was MOST definitely worth it!

I hardly took any pictures this trip, but on Saturday night we were all hanging out in my parents' living room while the kids were playing downstairs. My parents are building a new home and so I had to capture this small, pretty insignificant but never to happen again moment in this crowded little space. (wait, is that chips and ranch dressing on the kitchen table?)
We sure love family get-togethers, but we will love them even more in the new living room! :)



And why was this little boy so wiped out? Guess he was gearing up for his big day.



I forgot to tell the reason for even going to Wyoming. My brother Jackson was about to be ordained an Elder in our church. This is a special event, and one that you do invite family to. However, you don't usually have video cameras, still cameras and the girlfriend's entire family there too. :) I was oblivious....I had no idea that there was more to the day. In fact, Jackson and Mindy had been dating since last summer and he would often joke about proposing to her. Back in December when they came to visit Temple Square with us I would take the kids so that the two of them could walk around a little more and at one time Jackson yelled from a distance....are you sure you want to leave us alone....I just might propose. It was funny then, but I was a little annoyed after his setting apart when he started joking about it AGAIN. He said, wow, with everyone here it's too bad I don't have a ring to propose to Mindy. I couldn't believe he was joking about this on such a special day. Even my kids knew what was up...I had no idea! Well....after quite the acting job from Jackson's kids and Mindy's girl, and a little cash being paid for the ring Jackson asked and she said yes! Everyone was crying and it was perfect! We sure love, love, LOVE Mindy and Kelsey and are soooo very excited to have them in our family! Here they are soon after the proposal!



And here is our entire family that day! When I first saw this picture I just stared at it forever! Everyone is soooo happy! The grand-kids are so cute together! There is so much love for one another here in this picture! I love my family so much! I was happy that we made this trip this weekend and that we were all able to be in church together and enjoying the blessings of the gospel and of family! Congratulations J + M!

Families can be together forever...through Heavenly Father's plan.
I always want to be with my own family and the Lord has shown me how I can.


No comments: