Wednesday, June 15, 2011

In the Classroom


The girls all had such a great year this year! They had the best teachers and some great friends! With 2 others at home I have a hard time getting into their classrooms and going on field trips as much as I'd like, but the girls are really understanding about it, and hopefully won't hold it against me later. :) We do have awesome neighbors though that Kierra and Thomas would hang out with while I spent some time with the school kids!

Kaylee was in 3rd grade and went to a school about 10 minutes away. We tried a program called Accelerated Learning Lab...or A.L.L. Kaylee really loved it and really excelled in it. We even had the best carpool ever....I only had to drive out there 2 afternoons a week and never in the morning. It really was a great year for her but in the end we did decide to bring her back to school with her sisters. She will really miss the friends she made there!


Kaylee's Talent Show April 7th


Field trip to "This is the Place" State Park May 13th

Parent's Day May 20th


Drama Class Play May 24th


Next up: 4th Grade!!
Way to go Kaylee!!

Taylor Marie was in 2nd grade this year and had a pretty cool class of 2nd and 3rd graders. Her teacher was soooo fun and seemed to handle the craziness of a split class pretty well.


March 29th Mulan with Taylor



2nd grade program May 19th


Next up: 3rd grade
Way to go Taylor Marie!

I just keep saying it....Emily was also lucky to have such a great teacher! All of my girls have been so blessed! These teachers teach them soooo much in the classroom and even come to their baptisms and their choir performances....they are just amazing! Emily had a great kindergarten year. She was known as Emily G. in her class with 3 Emily's. I guess like any kid, she mostly loved being with her friends, but she does like the school part too! ;)


Emily's poster April 4th


Emily's Talent Show April 8th


Crazy Hair Day May 19th


Kindergarten Graduation June 2nd


We started a tradition last year that I think will stick! The girls LOVED making quillos for their teachers and I imagine each year they will get better and better at it. I let them all use the sewing machine this time and they did pretty good!





It was a great year! The girls love school and will miss it, but luckily we live close to soooo many of their friends, so they won't be bored over the summer. Our schedule was a little crazy, sending Kaylee out at 7:30, Taylor out at 9, Emily out at 12:30, Kaylee coming home at 2:30, then Taylor and Emily coming home at 3:30. Then throw in early out days and minimal days! I didn't know whether I was comin' or goin'!! I will miss having Emily around in the mornings, but I really look forward to the early schedule and having all 3 girls go to school and come home from school TOGETHER!

And hey...if I'm really lucky...this one will still be taking afternoon naps with her brother! ;)

1 comment:

Jill said...

The carpool was great! Looks like they all had a great year. Are they early birds this fall?